Thursday, July 4, 2013 at Sundown
MCU Park, Coney Island
Come join the SOB this Fourth of July at MCU Park, the home of the Brooklyn Cyclones, for music and fireworks!
Come on out for BROOKLYN’S own Fireworks show on JULY FOURTH!!!
The Brooklyn Cyclones and the Alliance for Coney Island are teaming up to host an Independence Day celebration and fireworks show on Thursday, July 4 at MCU Park.
Admission is free, however donations will be accepted to benefit the Brooklyn Public Library and #ConeyRecovers, an initiative of local organizations working in partnership to assist with the recovery of the Coney Island community.
The gates will be open at 4:30 p.m. and all ballpark concessions and restrooms will be available to the public.
During the event, attendees can enjoy:
• A pig roast presented by Thomas Joseph Catering
• Beers of New York” Beer Garden
• A special performance by the String Orchestra of Brooklyn
• Live music from oldies and Top 40 cover bands
• Family activities including the “Fastest Arm in Brooklyn Competition” on the Brooklyn Cyclones speed pitch
The event will culminate with a tremendous Fourth of July fireworks extravaganza at 9 p.m., preceded by a performance from the String Orchestra of Brooklyn.
Fourth of July in Coney Island kicks off with the world-renowned Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest beginning at 1 p.m. at the Original Nathan’s of Coney Island located on Stillwell Avenue.
For more information, please call 718.37.BKLYN